Work with us to make a difference
Join our energetic & committed team to support your local Community.
Could you provide a safe and stimulating place in your home from two to five guests? Would you like to be well remunerated whilst knowing that you are making a difference to the older people in your community?
Tapestry Day Club is a not-for-profit social enterprise offering high quality small group day support for people across Sussex, Surrey and the surrounding areas. Our service is primarily for those who are socially isolated and/or living with memory loss such as dementia and as a result perhaps losing confidence in socialising in larger groups.
As a host, not only will you be central to your guests, but also involved with their wider family and friends, and so become a vital part of all their lives. It is of paramount importance to Tapestry Day Club that these strong bonds are created, you will become the glue, so that everyone feels comfortable and content and a sense of security and support is established early on.
Working as a Host
We are looking for people who are:
- Thoughtful, understanding, caring, astute, positive and warm with all – particularly older people
- Have flexibility and able to think on your feet
- Have a can-do attitude and a great sense of humour
- Be committed to promoting people’s independence
- Ability to work on own initiative and be dependable
- Physically fit, lots of energy and be emotionally robust
How you work
Tapestry Day Club operates from Monday to Friday between the working hours of 9am and 5pm. A host with Tapestry Day Club is responsible for running a hosting day for two to five guests. After preparing your home for your guests, you will collect your guests from their homes (within a 5-8 miles radius of your home), in the morning either between the hours of 9.30am – 10.30am (if you need to work around a school run) or 10.30am – 11.30am and will return to your home where your guests will enjoy an engaging, sociable, stimulating and fun few hours. You will return your guests to their homes either between 2.30pm – 3.30pm (to fit in with the school run) or between 3.15pm – 4.15pm. As the host, you will prepare refreshments in the morning and afternoon, an excellent home cooked lunch and optional engaging activities.
You will not be expected to provide any personal care.
What you need
- A home with easy access in and out of the house
- A downstairs loo
- A five door car
- Full driving license
What we can do for you
We believe that understanding our guests fully is a critical part of a host’s role and therefore participation in our dementia support awareness training is a vital part of coming on board. In addition we provide full training in the following:
- Emergency at Work 1st Aid’
- Food Safety Level II
- Safeguarding Adults
- Awareness of Mental Health, Dementia & Learning Disabilities
- Moving & Assisting of People
We also conduct an Enhanced DBS check unless you already have one.
Currently our hosts work as self-employed but we will be transferring all our hosts over to PAYE . All our hosts are very well remunerated, with additional food allowance and mileage costs covered. We provide on going support, mentoring, incentive schemes and career progression.
Steps to becoming a Host
- Contact either Clare or Anderley for further information (email@example.com)
- We have an informal chat with you and fill in any of the gaps about the role.
- If keen to go ahead, make an application. Once you’ve completed your application form, we will visit your home and carry out a host and home assessment.
- If we are all happy, and after signing a contract to become a TDC host, you will attend training in safeguarding, manual handling, emergency first aid at work, food hygiene and dementia awareness.
- We will also support you in the steps that you need to take to prepare your home for your guests
- Finally, you will be supplied with a very helpful operational manual, receive a bio of each of your guests and join a fantastic community of hosts who love to share ideas and menus.
Do get in touch by either filling in the on-line form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on