Age UK supports and assists a network of more than 150 local Age UK grouips, which between them provide an extensive network throughout England. The Age UK family also includes Age Scotland, Age Cymru and Age NI.
Tavis House, 1-6 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9NA
Re-engage is a charity solely committed to tackling loneliness by helping older people to re-engage with their communities through regular face-to-face contact, giving a lifeline of friendship.
Alzheimer’s Society is a UK charity that campaigns for change, funds research to find a cure and supports people living with dementia.
Alzheimer’s Society, 43-44 Crutched Friars, London, EC3N 2AE
Carers Support West Sussex (Crawley, Worthing and Littlehampton)
Carers Support West Sussex run support groups, workshops and individual support sessions across West Sussex.
The Orchard, 1-2 Gleneagles Court, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 6AD
Care for the Carers
Care for the Carers is an independent charity and the Carers Centre for East Sussex. It has supported and represented unpaid carers in East Sussex since 1989.
Care for the Carers, Highlight House, 8 St. Leonards Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN21 3UH
Alzheimer’s Society’s Dementia Friends programme is the biggest ever initiative to change people’s perceptions of dementia. It aims to transform the way the nation thinks, acts and talks about the condition.
A Horsham District Council support service that enables residents in Horsham and Mid Sussex to live at home independently and safely by providing affordable access to a range of assistive technology. Digital lifeline alarms, GPS mobile and locator devices, fall detectors and fire safety devices are just some of the technology they offer.
“We help more than 2,000 people of all ages in the Horsham and Mid Sussex Districts to feel safe and independent in their own homes”
The Herbert Protocol is a national scheme that encourages carers, family and friends to provide useful information, which can then be used in the event of a vulnerable person going missing. It is a form that carers, family or friends of a vulnerable person, or the person themselves, can fill in. It contains a list of information to help the police if the person goes missing, including:
- mobile numbers
- places previously located
- a recent photograph
Patient Advice & Liaison Service
Patient Advice & Liaison Service provides help, information and chance to have your say, including complaints.
Dementia Action Alliance
The Dementia Action Alliance is a national alliance for dementia care and research organisations across England to connect, share best practice and take action on dementia. Members include banks, leisure centre, supermarkets, local authorities, hospital trusts, transport providers and GP practices. Everything they do is in partnership and informed by people living with dementia and their carers.
TIHM Monitoring Service
The TIHM Monitoring Service is a free-of-charge, remote monitoring service that increases support for older people across Surrey. It is available to people of any age who have been diagnosed with dementia or mild cognitive impairment and people aged 65 and over who have a diagnosis of depression and/or anxiety. Regular carers supporting people who qualify for TIHM will also be offered the service. To apply for the TIHM Monitoring Service, please complete the direct referral form on our website or contact the team directly using the details below.
Sage House Dementia Support
Established in 2014, Dementia Support is a Chichester-based charity that provides integrated dementia services from its purpose-built hub. It works in partnership with voluntary and charitable organisations, the NHS, West Sussex County Council and other statutory organisations. At Sage House, there are a range of services from advice and emotional support to respite care, hair salon, bathing suite, therapy room and community cafe.
Sage House, Dementia Support, City Fields Way, Tangmere, Chichester, West Sussex, PO20 2FP
West Sussex Meals on Wheels
West Sussex Health and Independent Living Support (HILS) deliver the council’s Meals on Wheels Service 365 days a year. Every visit includes a delivery of a hot meal and dessert, along with a caring safe-and-wellbeing check. There are no contracts, so you can have them as little or as often as you need. With a wide-ranging menu – including options for dietary, ethnic, and religious needs – there is something for everyone. For a small additional fee, you can receive a three-course meal. It also provides teatime packs, which are delivered with the hot meal to be popped into the fridge.
Wellbeing Hub & Carers Support
Wellbeing Hub & Carers Support provide help for you to find local wellbeing information and services. You can also have support for things like getting your family fitter, doing regular exercise, dealing with stress, kicking a habit, or simply improving your general wellbeing.
Wellbeing Hub & Carers Support, Mid Sussex District Council, Oaklands Road, Haywards Heath, RH16 1SS
DEPARTMENT OF WORK AND PENSION SERVICES
- The Pension Service Information and Enquiries 0345 606 0265
- State Pension Statement provides a Pension statement 0345 300 0168; www.gov.uk/state-pension-statement
- State Pension Claim Line 0800 731 7898; www.gov.uk/claim-state-pension-online
- Pension Credit Claim Line 0800 99 1234; www.gov.uk/pension-credit
- Pension Tracing Service to trace a pension scheme 0345 600 2537; gov.uk/find-lost-pension
- DLA Helpline – DLA queries if born on or after 09/04/1948 0345 712 3456; gov.uk/dla-disability-living-allowance-benefit
- Attendance Allowance Service Centre – All AA queries & DLA queries if born before 09/04/1948 0345 605 6055; www.gov.uk/attendance-allowance/overview
- Winter Fuel Helpline Information and Advice 0345 915 1515; gov.uk/winter-fuel-payment
- NHS Help with Health Costs Advice Line 0300 330 1343; nhs.uk/NHSengland/Healthcosts/Pages/help-with-health-costs
- Money Advice Service 0300 500 5000; moneyadvice service.org.uk
- Personal Independent Payments Claim Line 0800 917 2222; gov.uk/pip
- PIP Enquiry Line 0345 850 3322
- Carers Allowance Unit Making a claim, information & advice 0345 608 4321; gov.uk/carers-allowance/how-to-claim
- Office of the Public Guardian 0300 456 0300; gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-public-guardian
- Job Centre Plus New claims 0800 055 6688
- Universal Jobmatch/Jobseekers Direct Service 0345 606 0234; gov.uk/jobsearch
- Jobcentre Plus Primary Benefit Enquiry line 0345 608 8545; gov.uk/contact-jobcentre-plus
- HMRC National Insurance Enquiries – 0300 200 3500; gov.uk/national-insurance
- HMRC Tax Credits Making a claim and information 0300 300 3900; gov.uk/benefits-credits/tax-credits
- Child Maintenance Options 0800 988 0988; cmoptions.org
- Access to Work – First Contact 0345 268 8489